Thursday, April 06, 2006

Navy confers honorary CPO appointment on terminally ill child

It's been a while since I've been able to update my blog. I've been busy on the boat. Nothing to occupy one's time like ORSE and TRE. Well, I'm back home for a while and hope to add more to this wonderful blog.

I'm gonna drift away from submarines for this story. I think you'll agree with me it deserves to be shared with everyone. Sailors may have some not-so-great stereotypes, but every now and then the Navy does something truly wonderful. The Navy has awarded 5-yr old Diego E. Santiago the honorary rank of chief petty officer in the United States Navy.



read the full story at the below link:
Navy confers honorary CPO appointment on terminally ill child

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome story! Good sleuthing on this one. Brings back one's faith in the navy that there are good people out there taking care of each other. And good dads, too.

Sean